In this article, I’ll discuss 7 project management concepts that will help you achieve your goals.
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) – this is a diagram that breaks down your activities into manageable chunks so that you can easily isolate and identify each individual task. This gives you a granular understanding of what needs to be done to achieve your goals
- Activity List - this is a list of all activities needed to reach a milestone or achieve a goal. Creating this list helps you understand the amount of total work to anticipate before starting on a goal.
- Gantt Chart - this is a bar chart of scheduled information where activities are listed on the vertical axis, dates are shown on the horizontal axis, and activity durations are displayed as horizontal bars placed according to start and finish dates. This is a great visual representation of all of the primary activities required before you achieve an objective.
- Milestone List - this is a list of all milestones that need to be surpassed before you can achieve an objective. Tracking this list gives you a good idea how close you are to achieving an objective.
- Checklist – this list helps you make sure that you don’t miss any important steps in a process. This is helpful when a process has too many steps in it to consistently remember each step.
- Risk Register - this is a document in which each risk that could prevent you from reaching your objective is listed. Additional information about each risk such as probabilities of occurrence and their impact on your project are also displayed in this document.
- Swim Lane Process Map – this similar to a flowchart in that it maps out a process; however, a swim lane map places events and actions in "lanes" to clearly distinguish categories such a project stages, teams, function types, and so forth
Resources Related to Project Management:
PM Prepcast - PMP Exam Simulator:
PMP Exam Prep – Rita Mulcahy:
A Project Manager’s Book of Forms – Cynthia Stackpole Snyder:
PMP Exam Pre Seminar (Udemy):
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition — Project Management Institute:
Some links in this article are affiliate links.
FREE EBOOK - 5 FREE CHATGPT PROMPTS THAT WILL MAKE YOU A SUPERHUMAN
These 5 free ChatGPT prompts will help you reach your goals, make better decisions, solve your problems, and more.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.